Denali Winter and Shoulder Season Plan
Denali has experienced marked increases in winter and shoulder season visitation, with a greater number and diversity of visitors experiencing the park in the off seasons. Park management is seeking ways to improve the winter and shoulder season visitor experience while preserving resources and the special character of Denali during these seasons. The plan that results from this effort is anticipated to guide park management of the winter and shoulder seasons for five to 10 years.
Issues to be considered include:
• Visitor opportunities available during the winter and shoulder seasons
• The look and feel of the winter and shoulder season visitor experience
• Winter road plowing
• Fall and spring private vehicle access to the park road
• Establishing an adequate winter and shoulder season visitor center
• Winter public use shelters
• Appropriate commercial opportunities
We invite the public to review and comment on preliminary plan materials and help shape the plan. Under the Documents tab to the left, you will find a variety of files related to this planning effort. The document titled 'Fall 2018 public outreach materials' summarizes initial planning ideas and is open for comment October 1 - November 30, 2018. Other documents provide useful background information.
To comment, please click on the Open for Comment tab to the left, review the files and information available, and provide your feedback using the Comment Now button.
Thank you for taking the time to share your input about winter and shoulder season planning in Denali!
Outdoor Recreation Planner