Denali Winter and Shoulder Season Plan
The Winter and Shoulder Season Plan addresses management of the winter and shoulder seasons in Denali, outlines the role that Denali may play in regional tourism and outdoor recreation in these seasons, and aims to increase the quality of the winter and shoulder season visitor experience while protecting park resources and values. The Winter and Shoulder Season Plan is anticipated to guide park management of these seasons for five to 10 years.
Issues considered include:
• Visitor opportunities available during the winter and shoulder seasons
• The look and feel of the winter and shoulder season visitor experience
• Winter road plowing
• Fall and spring private vehicle access to the park road
• Establishing an adequate winter and shoulder season visitor center
• Winter public use shelters
• Appropriate commercial opportunities
Thank you for taking the time to review the Winter and Shoulder Season Plan
Outdoor Recreation Planner
Denali has experienced marked increases in winter and shoulder season visitation, with a greater number and diversity of visitors experiencing the park in the off seasons. Park management is seeking ways to improve the winter and shoulder season visitor experience while preserving resources and the special character of Denali during these seasons.