Denali Winter and Shoulder Season Plan
Denali has experienced marked increases in winter and shoulder season visitation, with a greater number and diversity of visitors experiencing the park in the off seasons. Park management is seeking ways to improve the winter and shoulder season visitor experience while preserving resources and the special character of Denali during these seasons. The plan that results from this effort is anticipated to guide park management of the winter and shoulder seasons for five to 10 years.
Issues to be considered include:
• Visitor opportunities available during the winter and shoulder seasons
• The look and feel of the winter and shoulder season visitor experience
• Winter road plowing
• Fall and spring private vehicle access to the park road
• Establishing an adequate winter and shoulder season visitor center
• Winter public use shelters
• Appropriate commercial opportunities
Thank you for taking the time to review preliminary materials related to winter and shoulder season planning in Denali!
Outdoor Recreation Planner