Bridalveil Fall Rehabilitation Project Public Scoping Materials
Yosemite National Park is pleased to announce the initiation of the Bridalveil Fall Rehabilitation Project Environmental Assessment. Bridalveil Fall is the first grand waterfall that most visitors encounter upon entering the iconic Yosemite Valley. The purpose of the Bridalveil Fall Area Rehabilitation Project is to:
• Improve visitor services at the base of the waterfall, including restroom facilities
• Improve accessibility for all
• Protect natural and cultural resources in the area
• Reduce crowding on the trails and the viewing platform
• Improve safety and reduce vehicular/pedestrian conflicts
• Improve interpretation and wayfinding
The project will implement actions prescribed in the Merced Wild and Scenic River Comprehensive Management Plan Environmental Impact Statement and Record of Decision (Merced River Plan) (NPS 2014) for the Bridalveil Fall area.
Click the "Open for Comment" link on the lefthand side of this screen to provide your public scoping comments. The public comment period is open through May 26, 2017.
04/18/2017 - 05/26/2017