Merced Wild and Scenic River Comprehensive Management Plan
Yosemite National Park » Merced Wild and Scenic River Comprehensive Management Plan » Document List
The Final Merced River Plan / EIS:
• Establishes the Wild and Scenic River's boundaries and segment classifications and provides for protection of the river's free-flowing condition in keeping with the Wild and Scenic Rivers Act's Section 7.
• Presents the river's outstandingly remarkable values (ORVs), which are the unique, rare, or exemplary river-related characteristics that make the river worthy of WSRA designation.
• Documents the conditions of ORVs, water quality, and free-flowing condition.
• Identifies management objectives for the river, and specific actions that will be implemented to achieve these objectives.
• Commits to a program of ongoing studies and monitoring to ensure management objectives are met.
• Establishes a visitor use and user capacity management program that addresses the kinds and amounts of public use that the river corridor can sustain while protecting and enhancing river values.
• Fulfills the 1987 legislation designating the Merced River as a component of the National Wild and Scenic River System and makes appropriate revisions to Yosemite's 1980 General Management Plan.
Additional information about the Final Merced River Plan / EIS is posted on the Yosemite website at http://www.nps.gov/yose/parkmgmt/mrp.htm or click the links tab at left.