Rock Creek Park Golf Course Draft Assessment of Effects
This Assessment of Effects Report (AOE) analyzes two proposed alternatives - - a no action alternative, and the NPS preferred alternative (rehabilitation) - - and provides the following documentation required by 36 CFR 800.11(e):
• Description of the undertaking;
• Description of the project and each alternative;
• Description of the area of potential effect and identification of historic properties;
• Assessment of effects on historic properties from each alternative; and
• Copies and summaries of views provided by consulting parties and the public.
Based on the schematic design for the rehabilitation of the Rock Creek Park Golf Course and the application of the criteria of adverse effect, this assessment finds that the undertaking would have an adverse effect on the Rock Creek Park Historic District and the Rock Creek Park Cultural Landscape. The proposed undertaking would directly alter the characteristics that qualify the properties for inclusion in the National Register in a manner that would diminish the integrity of their location, design, setting, materials, workmanship, feeling, or association.
Jul 24, 2023 - Aug 7, 2023