2012 Public Scoping Draft Gravelly Point and Roaches Run EA
The list of documents below provides information about the proposed project to enhance recreational and conservation opportunities at Gravelly Point, Roaches Run Waterfowl Sanctuary and sections of the Mount Vernon Trail in the study area in the George Washington Memorial Parkway.
The primary goal of scoping for a project is to determine the range of issues and alternatives* to be addressed. At the time of scoping, the park provides a description of the project proposal, including a statement of the purpose of and need for the project and a list of project goals. The public is asked to submit comments, concerns, and suggestions relating to these goals.
The most useful types of scoping comments consider the following:
- Alternative approaches and ideas for accomplishing project goals
- The range of environmental and socioeconomic issues that need to be considered
- Other potential projects that might affect or be affected by this project
- Information that needs to be considered (such as related research) and why
- Information on how you use the park and how a project might affect that use
*Alternatives B and C were dismissed based on 2008 public scoping feedback. They can be viewed, along with other past documents, at: http://parkplanning.nps.gov/gprr2008scoping
05/23/2012 - 06/22/2012