Revised Yellowstone Commercial Use Authorization Plan
The purpose of these revisions is to update the existing CUA and operating plans (see "Links" Tab on left), last approved in 2013. These revisions would improve the CUA program's consistency with federal laws, policies, and guidelines, and accommodate changing visitor needs and interests. The park would begin operating under this new plan beginning January 1, 2022.
The revised plans would affect both existing and potential CUA holders, and includes the following updates:
- Activity-based CUAs: Bicycling Tours, Environmental Education Tours, Skiing/Snowshoeing , Motorized Boating, Non-Motorized Boating, Overnight Backcountry Trips, Painting and Photography Workshops, Stream and Shoreline Fishing, Road-Based Transportation (groups 1-25), Wedding and Portrait Photography, and Single-session Wedding & Portrait Photography.
- Service-Based CUAs: Towing and Automotive Services (RV and RV appliance repair, tire repair, locksmith), and Water Access (specific to the Yellowstone River in Gardiner, Montana).
- CUA applications accepted year-round. Applications may be submitted any time during the current operating year of January 1st - December 31st (the previous application period was October 1-March 1). Applications for the following operating year will be accepted beginning October 1st of the current year.
- CUA permit application fees cost $300 annually for each activity-based CUA requested (remains unchanged), $150 every two years for a service-based CUA and $100 per Single-session Wedding and Portrait Photography CUA.
- Management fees remain unchanged and include 3%, 4% or 5% of annual gross receipts. Additional fees are not required for service-based or Single-session Wedding and Portrait Photography CUAs.
The revised CUA Operating Plan and service-related plans for approved activity types are available for review under the "Document List" tab on this page. If you wish to comment on the revised plan, navigate to the "Open for Comment" tab on the left of this page. Comments must be received by November 23, 2021.
Morgan Warthin: 307-344-2015
Yellowstone National Park (park) asks for public comment on revised Commercial Use Authorization (CUA) and service-related operating plans that will guide commercial services in the park for the next five years.