Glacier Point Leach Field Installation
This project will install a new sewer effluent disposal system to service the Glacier Point area consisting of the Glacier Point flush restrooms, quarter's cabins, and backwash generated from the water treatment system. This system includes a new disposal field, new dosing tank, relocation of potable water line, pump replacement, and utility dirt road realignment. The new system will connect to the quarter's cabin sewer and will consist of a new septic tank, small pump station, and adding to the force main. Project will remove 21 red firs and seven boulders. Project equipment needed includes excavators, backhoes, loaders, dozers, and dump trucks.
• Leachfield measures 4100 feet long by 2 feet wide and 2.5 feet deep
• Quarters 4 inch sewer line measures 440 feet long, 2 feet wide and 3.5 feet deep
• Force main (quarters to the dosing tank) measures 480 feet long, 2 feet wide and 2 feet deep
• Septic tank (2000 gallon) measures 11 feet long by 6 feet wide and 7 feet deep
• Small pump station measures 3 feet diameter by 11 feet deep
• Equalization tank (5750 gallon) measures 17 feet long by 8 wide and 8 feet deep
• Water line (2 inch) measures 600 feet long by 2 feet wide and 2.5 feet deep
• Utility Dirt Road Realignment measures 320 feet long by 12 feet wide and 0.5 feet deep
Glacier Point Road will have to be shared between the visitors and contractor. Due to the tight roads and life/safety concerns the project will utilize an area at least 75 feet and 125 feet for an intermediate staging site. Larger trucks can dump their supplies there and smaller trucks can take it through the narrow and windy road sections to the project site. Intermediate staging will be either the area at the Yosemite Ski & Snowboard parking lot (Site A) or at the parking lot next to the Chinquapin Restrooms (Site B).