Majestic Yosemite Hotel Redecoration of 95 Rooms (2017 YH)
Refurbishment would consist of the following:
• Replace carpet
• Paint the rooms (historic stencils would be protected)
• Replace non-historic ceiling lights
• Replace non-historic wallpaper in bathrooms
• Mount new wall sconces adjacent to the beds (will include wall penetrations for mounting and electricity)
• Mount the flat screened televisions onto the walls (will include wall penetrations for mounting, electricity and cable access) as noted in the memorandum and in the mitigations
• Replace non-historic draperies
• Hang new ceiling-mount valance
• Replace wall art (in same locations)
• Suite Rooms (230, 232/234,330, 332/ 334, 601, 602/604, 603/607) will be repainted, recarpeted, and draperies replaced. These will be different from the model rooms but are consistent with recommendations from the Historic Structure Report and Historic Furnishings Report.
• Window valances will be installed to cover past damage to the stencils above the windows; the stencils would not be restored as part of this project.
Colors, patterns, and textures of carpet and draperies would be consistent with the period of significance.
The guest rooms at the Majestic Yosemite Hotel are typically refurbished when updates are needed to meet guest needs or address code requirements. The last time the guest rooms were updated was in 2008. The concessioner, Yosemite Hospitality, is proposing to update 95 guest rooms in the hotel. Refurbishment would be consistent with the two rooms that were previously redecorated as a result of accessibility improvements that were part of the Ahwahnee Comprehensive Rehabilitation implementation completed in 2016. All work is consistent with the treatment recommendations in the Ahwahnee Historic Furnishings Report (ARG 2011) and the Ahwahnee Historic Structure Report (ARG 2011).