Yosemite Valley Lodge Basecamp Remodel (2017 YH)
This project includes the rehabilitation of the Food Court at Yosemite Valley Lodge. The project will maximize operational efficiency for food service and office space. The goal is to improve customer experience and minimize wait times. It will decrease seating from 225 to approximately 189 seats in the food court and provide 176 overflow seating in the banquet room (Garden Terrace).
The work will address deferred maintenance and component renewal.
1. Provide separate service counters for "Healthy," "International," grill, pizza, and coffee.
2. Convert retail shop and catering kitchen to coffee counter.
3. Create double door system at main entrance to reduce conditioned air loss
4. Isolate coffee counter entrance and queuing from other food and beverage service.
5. Replace electrical panels, replace fire alarm, repair/replace ridge beam.
6. Repair and replace finishes and equipment.
7. Meet fire, safety, accessibility, and operational safety and health code compliance.
8. Install lighting, motion sensors, sprinklers, fire alarms, etc. consistent with historic building code.
9. Remodel locker rooms/restrooms to meet accessibility standards.
This action will implement requirements of the concession contract CC-YOSE004-16 with Yosemite Hospitality LLC which began March 1, 2016. Construction is planned for winter 2017/spring 2018.