Parkwide - Replace Concessionaire Roofs
Roofs will be upgraded to a Class A fire rating standard wherever possible. Historic structures will have roofing treatments selected in accordance with the Secretary of the Interior's Standards for Treatment of Historic Properties.
Steps needed to replace each roof will be determined on a case-by-case basis. A typical roof should require the following steps:
• Remove all existing roof coverings to wood sheathing,
• Remove all roof-edge metals,
• Replace deteriorated reglets,
• Repair rotted lumber at overhangs and porches,
• Trim overhang sheathing so flush with fascia,
• Inspect wood skip sheathing for hidden damage, and repair as necessary,
• Install new flashing at pipes,
• Install new four inch by four inch drip edge,
• Install roofing per manufacturer's specifications to ensure warranty,
• Reinstall wall reglets,
• Paint all flashings and reglets as needed and in consultation with the park historical architect,
• Inspect and repair structural members, as necessary.
Work will be performed based on favorability of the weather and to minimize disruption to visitor services.
This project will replace roofing on several structures used by park concessioner including: the Yosemite Village Store, the General Offices, the Garage and Warehouse, several buildings at Yosemite Lodge, and residences and dorms in Yosemite Valley and Wawona.