Saline Valley Warm Springs Scoping
Death Valley National Park is pleased to announce the initiation of the public scoping process for developing the Saline Valley Warm Springs Management Plan and environmental impact statement (EIS). Your input and engagement are important to this planning process.
The purpose of the Saline Valley Warm Springs Management Plan/EIS is to:
• Provide a framework for natural and cultural resources management at the Warm Springs area;
• Provide a framework for administration and operations at the Warm Springs area;
• Provide a framework for managing visitor use at the Warm Springs area;
• Provide guidance for Death Valley National Park managers as they work with various stakeholders of the Warm Springs area; and
• Balance management of natural resources, ethnographic resources, and visitor use.
The National Park Service is seeking public and agency input in order to help define issues and shape alternatives for this planning process.
Comment Period: 05/25/2012 - 08/06/2012